What is baptism?
1. Baptism is an act of our obedience that follows our salvation through Jesus Christ.
2. Baptism is a physical expression of our spiritual commitment.
3. Baptism is a public expression of one’s personal faith.
What does baptism mean?
1. It illustrates what Jesus has done for us through his death, burial, and resurrection.
2. It illustrates my newness of life in relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. It identifies me with Jesus Christ and His church.
Who should be baptized?
Every person who has made a personal commitment to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
When should I be baptized?
Only after you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. But there is no reason a Christian should put off being baptized. Once a person accepts Jesus as Lord, he can and should be baptized.
Baptism is a meaningful act that publicly expresses a person’s acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. At Edgewood we celebrate baptisms throughout the year on Sundays during worship services.
“…Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins,…So those who received his word were baptized…” Acts 2:38, 41