“Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” -John 12:21
This section will serve as the point of communication for the pastor search process.
Here you will find prayer requests and updates.
-We are no longer seeking resumés at this time-
Be in prayer for Jack, Marcus, Tammy, Ken, Rachel, and Alicia. And pray for the man God has already selected as Edgewood's next pastor.
Pray diligently for the final 5 candidates that the committee is working with.
- The Pastor Search Committee reported in the 6/24/20 business meeting that they have worked through more than 100 resumés and have narrowed the field down to 5! They advised that there is a lot of work and due diligence to go through with the last 5 candidates and they asked the church to pray for the long process to come.
- 4/9/20 - FROM THE PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE:
Dear Edgewood family, we are still in the process of taking resumes for our senior pastor. Please continue to pray for leadership from the Holy Spirit as we seek Him to lead us to our next pastor. Our prayer is that he (the candidate) will know this is the place God has called him to, we (the Search Committee) will know he is the one the Lord has called, and Edgewood would also recognize that man when we present him.
-Jack Grace, Chair
- 2/23/20 - In a vote that was held at the end of all 3 of our morning services, the church affirmed the nomination of the proposed 2020 Pastor Search Committee with 97% approval.
- 2/02/2020 - The Church Council is ready to nominate to you a Pastor Search Committee. An official announcement will be made on 2/9 and 2/16 in all three Sunday morning services. On 2/23, after each morning service, there will be a special called business meeting to vote on the proposed nominees. Those nominees are Jack Grace (chair), Marcus Frye, Tammy Garr, Ken Martin, Rachel White, and Alicia Zieman.
- 1/26/2020 - The 2020 Church Council is formed and met for the first time and had a positive meeting. They will quickly begin working on names to nominate for the church for the 2020 Pastor Search Committee. Once nominated, the church will vote on the candidates during a special called business meeting at the end of a future service.
- 12/18/2019 - At our biannual business meeting a motion put forward by the 2019 Church Council was passed that (1) the church go on record to express appreciation and thanks for each member of the 2019PSC for their labor and diligent service to us over the past few months; (2) that a new Pastor Search Committee be elected; (3) and that the 2020 Church Council be tasked with nominating the candidates for the new Pastor Search Committee.
- The 2019PSC served diligently for months but unfortunately could not reach a consensus on a candidate to move forward with.
- 6/23/2019 - Edgewood Baptist Church overwhelmingly voted to accept the names submitted by the Church Council to serve as the Pastor Search Committee in the process of seeking God's will for our next pastor.
For more info on our church governance, our Constitution & By-laws can be viewed online.